The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your photo ID;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your demographic information, such as postcode;
- your credit card or payment details (through our third party payment processor);
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- your Medicare details;
- your sensitive information as set out below;
- details of products you have purchased and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our online Services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Services, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping, administrative purposes, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Services, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run promotions, competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about products and services available on our mobile application or website and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- if you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any promotions or competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia;
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses;
- third parties such as pathology, radiology or specialist providers when we are acting in the capacity of an e-referral provider and have received relevant personal information for the e-referral from your medical clinic;
- third parties such as pathology, radiology or specialist providers when we are acting in the capacity for referral analytics reporting;
- third parties such as pharmacy providers for the purposes of ordering information and medication safety when you have placed an order for pharmacy services.
Medmate will need to share your personal information in order to access your prescription information using the Medmate Mobile Intermediary Service. The Medmate Mobile Intermediary Service retrieves electronic prescription details from the Medication Knowledge Prescription Delivery Service.
Disclosure overseas: By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian privacy law. You acknowledge that some overseas third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if the overseas third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, we will not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
The type of sensitive information we may collect about you includes:
- your medical prescription and or medical referral details, including what we may ask you to scan or provide us with copies;
- details and information about your allergies;
- information regarding your current medications;
- information as to whether you smoke; and
- information as to whether you are pregnant or currently breast-feeding.
Provided you consent, your sensitive information may only be used and disclosed for purposes directly relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected, including:
- to provide you with the functionality of our Services, including to allow you to order prescription medication;
- to assist you in searching for pharmacies that can deliver prescription medication to you; and
- to provide health information to relevant pharmacies that can assist in fulfilling your order for a prescription medication.
- To provide your chosen pathology, radiology or specialist provider with your e-referral.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict and unsubscribe: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. You may also unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of marketing communications by using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact the relevant authority.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our online Services.
We may use web beacons on our online Services from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Medmate Australia ABN 88628471509
Last update: 21 May 2020
© LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd