Find A Pharmacy – Where’s The Closest Pharmacy To You?
How do you find a pharmacy nearby? How do you find the closest pharmacy to you? Australia is blessed with one of the best healthcare systems in the world and most patients live within a few kilometers of a local community pharmacy. Despite this, we are all living busier lives and we need easy ways to access pharmacy services in a way that fits around our schedule. Thankfully, Australia now has online pharmacy services to get your medications to your doorstep within the hour – bringing the chemist to you. Let’s have a look at the best way for you to get the medications you need from local pharmacies, whether you want to walk-in to a local chemist or order online.
Find a pharmacy
There are over 5500 pharmacies in Australia. Most are local community pharmacies and provide retail chemist services for prescription medications and over the counter products. Most retail areas of Australia have good access to local chemists. Local retail strip shops and larger shopping centres will generally have a licenced pharmacy that is able to provide for all your medication needs. Traditionally, people have found a pharmacy simply by walking into a store they have seen nearby or finding a pharmacy using a directory service like Yellowpages or Google.
Find a pharmacy near me
The easiest way to find a pharmacy near you is through Medmate, a secure Australian Government approved portal for online pharmacy ordering. The Medmate app and website have a list of over 1000 pharmacies Australia wide that you can order from. To make things even more convenient you can order online to skip the queue with click & collect or have your medications home delivered within 60 mins using Medmate’s delivery services.
Another good place to find a pharmacy is Pharmacy Directory. This directory has a convenient store locator which lists the pharmacies near you with useful information on pharmacy opening hours.
With both Medmate and Pharmacy Directory simply enter your address into the search bar.
You will then see a list of pharmacies nearby.
The list will have an “Order Online” button if the pharmacy is ready to accept online pharmacy orders for prescription medications and over the counter products.
For pharmacies that don’t have an order online button, you will need to call the pharmacy directly or walk in.
If you have a local pharmacy that you would like to have listed on Medmate please ask your pharmacist to email email@example.com to get listed instantly.
Living with a Chronic Disease? – You’re Not Alone.
- Learn how to achieve your best quality of life not defined by your disease.
Medmate provides free medical and lifestyle advice for patients.
- Get access to Australian doctors and pharmacists 24/7 to answer your questions.
- Free articles from health experts about evidence based management to prevent disease progression and complications.
- Your questions answered about natural therapies. Are they effective? Are they safe?
- Stop feeling isolated. Join other Australian patients in the Medmate Community below. We’re all in this together.
Online pharmacy Australia
Many pharmacies now offer online services. You can order pharmacy products online using the pharmacy website or on their Medmate shop. Pharmacies that are listed on Medmate allow you to order prescription medications via eScripts as well as general pharmacy essentials.
Ordering medication online has many benefits, including:
- Staying COVID safe by skipping the queue and avoiding exposure to germs with click & collect or express delivery.
- Online pharmacy shopping 24/7 makes it so much easier to get your medications on a busy schedule.
- For patients that have a disability or limited transport, medication delivery is so much simpler.
- Convenience. Is just so much more convenient for all of us that are living busy lives to get the medications we need when we need them with simple express delivery.
The types of products that patients commonly buy online are:
- Asthma medications
- Blood pressure medications
- Cholesterol medications
- Pain medications
- Reflux medications
- Diabetes medications
- Arthritis medications.
Although, any prescription medication can be ordered online using Medmate.
Over the counter products
- Pregnancy tests and pregnancy multivitamins like Natalis
- Sexual health products such as condoms and lubricants
- Feminine hygiene products such as tampons and pads
- Cough, cold and flu medications: Betadine Sore Throat gargle, Codral cold and flu, Difflam lozenges, Strepsils
- Allergy and sinus medications: Claratyne, Nasonex
- Pain relief: Panadol, Nuromol, Nurofen and Asprin
- Baby products: Curash baby wipes, nappies, Sudocream
- Children’s medicine: Nurofen for Children, Panadol for Children, Dimetapp
- Vitamins & Supplements: Swisse multivitamins, Blackmores multivitamins
- Skincare & Cosmetics: Cetaphil Skin Wipes, Antifungal creams
- Stomach & Gastrointestinal meds: Nexium 24hr, Gastro-Stop, Combantrin and Ferrogen
- Diet & Weight Loss products: BioSlim, OptiFast
And much more.
eScripts – How to order medication online
For prescription medications you will need to present a valid Australian prescription. This is obtained from a registered prescriber, most commonly a local General Practitioner.
Electronic prescriptions, or eScripts, have made it so much easier for patients and doctors to coordinate prescriptions. You can receive an eScript simply by asking your doctor for one at your next visit. Many patients receive eScripts during telehealth consultations. The doctor issues them to you by SMS or email. They land on you phone as a QR code – called an electronic prescription token. You can upload this prescription token into Medmate (on the website or the Medmate app). Your prescription is verified and matched to the price of that item at the pharmacy that you have selected. Simply add the medication to the shopping cart with the rest of your pharmacy essentials and checkout for click & collect or express delivery.
Online prescriptions – How to order medicine online near me
Most General Practices in Australia now how telehealth services for their regular patients. Give your medical clinic a call to find out. Alternatively, Medmate has an online prescription service where you can connect with a fully qualified Australian GP within 1 hour of your booking, 24hrs a day. Ask your doctor for an eScript so you can order online instantly with Medmate for home medication delivery.
Ask your doctor for an eScript
At your doctor’s appointment ask your doctor to please issue your prescription as an eScript rather than a traditional paper script.
You can elect to receive this by SMS or email.
Go to Medmate
Find a Pharmacy
Enter your address (select Delivery or Pick-up) to see a list of local pharmacies.
Select a local pharmacy
Select your favourite pharmacy by clicking “Order Online”
Upload your eScript
Click the yellow “Fill a Script” button.
Enter in your Name and Email Address.
Open the eScript token that your received from your doctor by SMS or email.
Click “Copy Token”.
Reopen the Medmate “Fill a Script” page and paste your eScript token.
Shop the pharmacy store
Browse the pharmacy catalogue for all your pharmacy essentials and click “Add to Cart”.
Choose your best delivery option or click & collect.
Finding a pharmacy has never been easier with the introduction of Medmate. With over 1000 pharmacies at the click of a button, you can have you pharmacy essentials and prescription medicines delivered to your door in just 60 minutes.
Just what the doctor ordered.